If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Okay, I can't help it, I like fruit best when it's baked into a cake. I've been making quite a few cakes with fruit these past few weeks that I've been staying at a rented house on a lake with my family. The pans and ingredients I have to work with are limited, thus my recent contributions have been somewhat similar. I apologize for that. Tomorrow I go home where I will cook the way I usually do. That means lots of grilled fish and vegetables--and spaghetti! Can't wait! —Giulia Melucci
- 2 cups mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- zest of one lemon
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a nine-inch cake pan
- Wash berries, hull and quarter strawberries.
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl, add wet ingredients, gently fold in berries and lemon zest. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes, until top of cake is springy to the touch and a cake tester emerges clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto plate to cool completely. Serve with a dusting of powdered sugar and a side of whipped cream or ice cream.