If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love bananas so much, and this pie is one of my favorite dessert. It is a little bit more work than I usually promote but on week-ends when I have more time I just can't resist baking.... Especial when it is this good! —Virginie Degryse
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large bananas
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 1/2 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted butter, and cinnamon until well blended . Press mixture into an 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool to room temperature.
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to pan. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat. Gently stir in vanilla. Press plastic wrap onto surface of custard; refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Add remaining sliced bananas on top just before serving.
- Et Voilà, Bon Appétit!