If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy to prepare and creamy ( without the cream) Vegetarian Walnut pasta sauce. Walnuts are so good for you and this Italian recipe with the addition of bright green chopped kale is just so good!
Visit www.italianfoodandflavours... —debby
- 150g grams Freshly cracked walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 100 grams Pecorino or parmigiano cheese
- 1 handful Fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 2 handfuls Kale/ Cavolo Nero
- pinches Salt and pepper
- 80 grams Spaghetti per person
- Pulse 100g of the walnuts, with the olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, cheese, salt and pepper until the mixture forms a rough paste.
- Finely chop the Kale and saute in olive oil to wilt and lightly cook through. Set aside.
- Boil your pasta and when cooked al dente, drain but save a little of the cooking liquid to loosen the sauce.
- Toss the spaghetti with the sauce, the cooking liquid and the remaining 50g of walnuts, roughly chopped.
- Finally stir in the kale and serve with extra cheese!