Author Notes: My mother's family had a little place in Maine that we visited in the summers. These muffins were on the table at least once a day, overflowing with fresh picked wild blueberries. They are not very sweet, and were often served at supper, along with fried chicken and corn on the cob. I don't know if the recipe was my grandmother's or my mother's, but I'm continuing the family tradition by serving them often when blueberries are in season. —MrsWheelbarrow
teaspoons baking powder
cup sugar, scant
tablespoons melted butter, slightly cooled
cups fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 425°
- Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together.
- Mix together the butter, egg and milk. Add to the flour mixture and quickly mix with a fork. Fold in blueberries.
- Line muffin tin with paper cups or spray the muffin tin well with non-stick spray.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cups. Bake 18-20 minutes. (This recipe can also be baked in an 8x8 pan for 25 min. and cut in squares to serve.)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Recipe or Technique Your Mother Taught You