If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up in a Chinese household, I've always been a huge fan of sesame. A friend once told me when he visits his grandma, he would always frequent a particular stall to grab a coffee bun, which had the most glorious sesame filling. As a huge fan of cakes, I wanted to incorporate those flavours into a loaf cake that I could make for my family to have for breakfast and tea time. And a (seemingly) legit way to have caffeine-infused into our daily regimes.
Makes: 9x5x3 inch loaf pan
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon baking soda
grams instant coffee powder
cup black sesame seeds
cup butter, softened
milliliters freshly brewed, strong coffee
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius. Grease your loaf pan.
- In a food processor, blend the black sesame seeds until it forms a paste.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in the black sesame paste and egg into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together.
- Mix in the dry ingredients into the wet mixture.
- Mix in the yogurt and coffee into the wet mixture untill well combined. (the coffee should be cooled otherwise it would melt the butter and give you an overly dubious liquid batter.)
- Leave to cool before cutting it and stuffing your face with a slice of this glorious cake.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame