Author Notes: I came up with this to please my girl friends in the hot tub while dreaming of warmer weather...April, May? Remember it's cold where I live. This was spring in a glass. Refreshing, cool, and hydrating. The mint and lime zest make it. Make sure the melon (you could use any kind) is ripe and remove the seeds. We love this,enjoy! —SaySchwartzAndBeSure
Serves: as many as you need
choice watermelon cut into ice-cube size pieces
bunch fresh mint leaves
Good quality vodka of your choice
teaspoon lime zest
- Cut your watermelon in half and proceed to chop it into bite size cubes. Remove any seeds.
- Place cubes in a zip-lock bag loosely and freeze.
- When guests are ready, use per martini: 4/5 cubes of the watermelon, 1 fresh mint leaf, 1 1/2 oz of vodka,one icecube, vermouth if you need/like it (less is more) and a pinch of lime zest.
- Blend all together quickly so it is slushly. Decorate with a mint leaf, small slice of lime or a flower and a straw. Serve in a chilled martini glass.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Soda Fountain Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher