If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This kind of preparation is perfect when I do not have too much time to prep and stand by the stove and oven. I just put everything together, cover and wait for it to be ready. On crazy busy evenings, it is exactly what I need. —Virginie Degryse
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups short grain, white rice
- 3 1/2 cups water or veggie or chicken stock
- 1 lemon, sliced
- couple sprigs fresh thyme, chopped
- Put the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When it’s hot, add the chicken, skin side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook, 5 to 10 minutes. remove them from the pan.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until they soften, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the rice; cook, stirring, until the rice is glossy and coated with oil.
- Return the chicken to the pan, add the stock, and stir gently to combine everything. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat so it bubbles gently but steadily. Add the thyme and lemon slices. Cover the skillet and cook, undisturbed, for 20 minutes, then check the rice and chicken. The goal is to have the liquid absorbed, the rice tender, and the chicken cooked through. If the rice is dry but nothing is ready, add another 1/4 cup water and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Et Voila, Bon Appetit!
More Great Recipes: