Author Notes: The yuzu’s Japanese origin inspired me to make a Japanese-style dish that’s – in true Sorted spirit – quick and easy to whip up, and quite surprising in flavour: baked sweet potatoes, smothered in miso butter, which is spiked with tart yuzu juice and sprinkled with black sesame seeds and nori strips. Totally yum, and ready in 30mins! Dinner sorted! —Anne's Kitchen
sweet potatoes (about 300g each)
grams butter, at room temperature
teaspoon miso paste
teaspoons yuzu juice (or lemon juice)
teaspoon chili flakes
black sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and prick a few holes into them with a fork. Microwave the potatoes on a high level for 7 minutes, turning them a couple of times
- Bake the sweet potatoes in the oven for approx. 15 minutes or until you can easily pierce a knife through them.
- Meanwhile, prepare the miso butter: put the soft butter, miso paste, yuzu or lemon juice and chili flakes into a bowl and work to a smooth butter with a silicone spatula. Chill until needed.
- Cut the nori into strips, using scissors.
- Cut open the baked sweet potatoes, sprinkle with black sesame seeds, add a dollop of butter onto each sweet potato and springle with nori strips.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame