Author Notes: This is some chicken eggs for easter with a chocolate cake inside. Childrens have to broke the shell after the Easter eggs hunt for find a delicious chocolate cake. —Sabine Alphonsine
Serves: 10 eggs
for the chocolate cake
grams dark cocolate with 75% of cocoa
for the decorative eggs
empty and washed eggs
- First, the decorative eggs :
- With the point of a large needle or knitting needle, make a small hole on the head of the egg. Be careful to not press too hard (don't broke the egg).
- Repeat with all the eggs. NOTICE : for the chocolate cake, set aside the content of 4 eggs in an other bowl. With the rest of eggs : omelet party !!
- Once empty, wash the eggs shell with hot water. Fill them, shake delicately and drain. Repeat it two more times. Set aside.
- Let's make the chocolate cake :
- Preheat your oven at 180°C/350°F.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate in microwaves or in a double boiler. Mix together.
- In a bowl, mix the 4 eggs wtih sugar.
- Add the flour and mix well.
- Pull a little bit of melted butter in each shell, shake well, pour out the excess and let drain on paper towel.
- Fill each shell to 3/4 with a piping bag (only at 3/4 to not burst the shell during cooking time).
- Put the eggs in the muffin tin.
- Let cool down when the chocolate cakes is baked inside.
- If you want, you can decorate the eggs shell when they are cooled. Painting, glitters... About me, I choosed some Kawaii spirit. With a thin pencil, draw delicately your picture (if it's not good, just erase it). Then with a thin black felt, brush on the pencil marks. That could be a great creative workshop with children ^^