If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I saw a video of Bon Apetit on El Rey's Sesame Banana Bread and I tried it out myself. It was delicious and the best banana bread I've ever tasted!
The nuttiness of the sesames spread all around the bread contrasted delightedly with the sweetness of the bananas.
http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/el-reys-sesame-banana-bread —Anna Li
Makes 1 loaf
- 6 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup raw white sesame seeds, divided
- 1/3 cup raw black sesame seeds, divided
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, obviously!
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 21/4 cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Toast 1 Tbsp. white sesame seeds and 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds in a dry medium skillet over medium, stirring occasionally, until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Put the bananas in a microwave safe bowl and cover it with plastic wrap. Microwave it for 5 minutes, until the banana juices come out. Separate the bananas from their juices. Put the banana juice in a sauce pan and reduce it to half.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk eggs, oil, tahini, and vanilla in a large bowl. Whisk in brown sugar, banana and cooled banana juice until well blended, then whisk in dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in toasted sesame seeds. Scrape batter into a 9x5" loaf pan and sprinkle with remaining white and black sesame seeds. Bake bread until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 60–70 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame