If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I'm not sure where this came from and my mom doesn't remember either. I've tried varying the recipe; adding garlic, fresh ground pepper. Nothing is as good or as simple as the original recipe. —Brooksie
- 1 Flank Steak
- 1 10 oz. Bottle of Soy Sauce
- a lot of dried Thyme
- In a shallow casserole dish, unfold the flank steak and cover both sides very liberally with dried Thyme ( approx 2-3 tablespoons per side). Pour entire bottle of Soy Sauce over the thyme covered steak. Let the steak sit in the soy sauce marinade for at least 1/2 hour and no more than an hour, turning it over once. (The thyme will not all stick to the steak but will continue to flavor the marinade)
- Preheat either a grill or prepare to use the broiler.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and either grill or broil the steak for approx 4-5 minutes per side for medium rare.
- After removing from the grill or broiler, allow the steak to sit for at least 5-10 minutes before slicing diagonally against the grain.
- Try not to eat it all before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Best Recipe or Technique Your Mother Taught You