If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Salty tender corned beef & melted Swiss, with spicy, crispy kimchi plus sweet, creamy, zesty Russian dressing…on toasted pumpernickel. Best. Sandwich. Ever. —Holly
Makes 2 sandwiches
For The Spicy Russian Dressing:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish (more if desired)
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 3 teaspoons bottled horseradish, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
For The Kimchi Reuben Sandwich:
- 10 ounces sliced corned beef
- 8 thin slices swiss cheese
- 4 ounces Kimchi, drained
- 4 ounces spicy Russian dressing
- 4 slices Pumpernickel or marbled Rye bread
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- To make the Russian dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Dressing can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 week.
- Butter one side of each piece of bread. Heat a sauce pan to medium heat.
- Place 2 of the 4 slices of bread, butter side down, in the heated pan.
- Add half of the cheese to each sandwich and let it melt for 1 minute.
- Add the Russian dressing, Kimchi, corned beef, more dressing, the rest of the Swiss cheese and the top piece of bread. (Make sure the butter side is facing out).
- Using a spatula slide under the bottom piece of bread, hold the top piece with your other hand, and gently flip the sandwich.
- Allow to cook for another 2 minutes. Bread should be slightly crisp and cheese should be melted. Serve warm.