If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Inspired by Chinese candied sweet potatoes that are traditionally deep-fried then coated with caramelized sugar, these easy oven-baked fries have a crispy candy coating that is addictive and delicious! —Josephine C
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- black or white sesame seeds (preferably toasted)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut sweet potatoes into thin strips, then pat with paper towel to remove any moisture. Place them in a large food storage bag. Pour oil into the bag and toss to coat the sweet potatoes evenly. Add sugar into the bag, then toss to coat sugar evenly.
- Evenly arrange the sweet potato pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 15 minutes, until slightly browned and cooked through.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on hot sweet potato fries.
- Let the candy coating harden by allowing the fries to cool. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame