If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Black Sesame Shortbread
cup unsalted butter, softened
cup icing sugar
tablespoons pure black sesame paste
cup almond flour
cups all purpose flour
- Pulse all ingredients except the egg in a food processor until well blended.
- Add the egg and continue to pulse until the mixture comes together and forms a dough.
- Turn it onto a piece of plastic wrap, pat the dough into a 1-inch thick disc, and wrap it snugly with the film. Chill for 30 minutes until firm, but not hard.
- On a clean, floured surface, roll out the dough into a circle, 0.75 cm thickness, and fit it to a 9-inch fluted tart tin. Press in and trim the edges. Don’t worry if the dough breaks, this one’s quite forgiving – just patch it up with some scraps. Freeze until firm.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 16-18 minutes, until the center is dry to the touch. If it puffs up a little, just gently pat it down with the back of a spatula. Cool completely.
Yuzu and White Chocolate Ganache Filling
grams heavy cream
grams good quality white chocolate, chopped
cup yuzu tea preserves
- Place the chocolate in a large bowl. Heat the cream in a saucepan until frothy, then pour it over the chocolate. Gently whisk the mixture until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Spread the yuzu preserves in the cooled tart shell in an even layer.
- Carefully pour the ganache on top to not displace the yuzu layer. Chill in the freezer until set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame