If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A sesame and cheddar snack that both kids and adults will enjoy.
These Sesame Cheddar Sticks, are made up of homemade cheddar cheese crackers that get coated in crunchy sesame seeds.
In this more mature version, they are shaped into sticks. However, feel free to take out the cookie cutters to make fun shapes for the kids to enjoy. Simply press both sides of the crackers into the sesame seeds before baking. —Ariella | Perspective Portions
- 3.25 ounces extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- 6 tablespoons white sesame seeds, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the cheese into a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Pulse to chop the cheese into small pieces. Add in the butter, flours, salt and 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds. Blend to a sand like consistency. Pour in the ice water, process until chunks of dough begin to hold together.
- Use a tablespoon measure to portion the dough into 11 pieces. Working on a flat surface, roll each piece into a rope approximately 8 inches long.
- Pour the remaining 4 tablespoons of sesame seeds out onto a plate or the flat surface. Roll each rope in the sesame seeds to coat evenly.
- Transfer to the prepared baking try. Leave ½ inch space in between each stick. Bake for 15-17 minutes until they turn a golden brown color.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame