If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sesame wheat Tortilla is sweet in taste and also healthy as it contains wheat and jaggery. Its healthy and delicious. —niki
Makes 3 sesame wheat tortilla
- 3 cups grated Jaggery
- 1 cup Sesame seed powder
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- Butter for serving
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Grind the Roasted Sesame seed (roast the seeds on a low gas. Let it cool completely before grinding ). It should be a dry powder.
- Grate the jaggery. Big block of jaggery can be sliced using the knife Slice it very thin and then crumble those slices. Try to avoid lumps as the lumps tears the tortilla while rolling and the stuffing might spill out.
- Mix Sesame seed powder and jaggery. The stuffing is ready.
- Mix wheat flour,1 tablespoon oil, water and a pinch of salt and make a dough, knead the dough well.
- Then press and keep the dough in a vessel. Slightly touch the dough with light oil. Keep aside for approximately one hour.
- Take small lime size dough. Make small circular tortilla and put 1-1/2 tb. Spoon stuffing on it.
- Close it from all sides so that the stuffing is covered completely. Roll out each tortilla in a round shape of 6-7 inches gently. Dip in dry wheat flour while rolling it.
- Roast it on hot pan, on both sides, with butter/oil.
- Serve it with butter and Groundnut/ Sesame seed Chutney
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Sesame