Author Notes: This 6 ingredient gluten free pasta dish is packed with delicious sweet Italian chicken sausage, fresh zucchini, and a low cal cream sauce! —Kelli @Hungry Hobby
ounces dry gluten free pasta (or whole grain pasta)
cup reserved pasta water
tablespoons olive or avocado oil
red onion, chopped
pound sweet italian chicken sausages
garlic and herb laughing cow cheese wedges
medium zucchini, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions (reserve 1/4cup pasta water when draining) and add to a large bowl with laughing cow wedges.
- Meanwhile add 1T oil to skillet and saute zucchini until just tender 5-7 minutes max. Remove from skillet and add to pasta.
- Add another tablespoon of oil and saute red onion for 2-3minutes. When onion is translucent and fragrant, add chicken sausage and saute on medium high until chicken is cooked all the way through (around 10 minutes), then add chicken sausage to bowl pasta bowl.
- Toss everything together!
- If pasta is too thick and not quite creamy enough, use the reserved pasta water adding 1T at a time to thin it out.
- Divide into four servings and enjoy!