If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These days, iced tea is my drink of choice. It's refreshing, and when you make the pretty floral ice cubes, it's classy! —mrslarkin
For the Pretty Floral Ice Cubes
edible flowers (I use violets - they're all over my yard.)
- Boil a kettle of water. (Boiled water gives you a less cloudy ice cube.) Let cool.
- Pick a bunch of clean, unsprayed, unfertilized violets, or other edible flowers, in your backyard or other safe place. Some stores sell edible flowers. Gently rinse flowers.
- Fill an ice cube tray half-full with cooled water. Place flowers in each compartment. Freeze several hours or until solid. Fill up trays with more cooled water. Freeze again until solid.
For the Iced Tea
ounces tea of your choice (I like peach green tea, steeped for 3 minutes)
a few mint leaves
lemon slices, cut in half
pretty floral ice cubes
simple syrup (1 part water, 1 part sugar, heated in a saucepan until sugar dissolves and mixture thickens)
- Make any tea of your choice. Chill.
- Place several floral ice cubes in a tall glass. Pour chilled tea over. Garnish with mint leaves, gently crushed to release oils, and lemon slices.
- Serve simple syrup in a small glass pitcher and use as little or as much as you like. Leftover simple syrup can keep in the refrigerator for a good while. Add a straw and sip away. Happy Spring!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Daytime Drinks
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Refresher