If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I recently have fallen in love with the food blog "Not so Humble Pie"- the writer is witty and comes interesting and shares amazing recipes (mostly desserts). My husband and I received an ice cream maker as a wedding gift and this was my first attempt at using. It is so easy and delicious, the mascarpone cheese and blackberry combo is out of this world. —Kaitlyn
Makes about 1.3 quarts
cups frozen blackberries
cup brown sugar
cup granulated sugar
cups heavy cream
cup mascarpone cheese
splash lemon juice
- In your food processor, combine the blackberries and the brown sugar and mix until well blended. You can then sieve the mixture for a smoother ice cream. I just left it be because sometimes I don't mind a few blackberry seeds.
- Then add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend for roughly 15-20 seconds.
- Chill the mixture for 30-60 minutes (if you're using cold ingredients and frozen blackberries, go ahead and just skip this step) and then prepare in your ice cream maker according to the manufacture's instructions.
- Pour into a container and chill for at least an hour, until firm.
- * this recipe contains a raw egg. While generally I'm not concerned about eating raw unpasteurized eggs in a small quantity, I won't recommend serving raw eggs to young children, the elderly and those who are immunocompromised. So, feel free to use pasteurized eggs to eliminate the risk of foodborne illness.