I recently have fallen in love with the food blog "Not so Humble Pie"- the writer is witty and comes interesting and shares amazing recipes (mostly desserts). My husband and I received an ice cream maker as a wedding gift and this was my first attempt at using. It is so easy and delicious, the mascarpone cheese and blackberry combo is out of this world. —Kaitlyn
- Makes about 1.3 quarts
1 1/2 cups
1 3/4 cups
- In your food processor, combine the blackberries and the brown sugar and mix until well blended. You can then sieve the mixture for a smoother ice cream. I just left it be because sometimes I don't mind a few blackberry seeds.
- Then add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend for roughly 15-20 seconds.
- Chill the mixture for 30-60 minutes (if you're using cold ingredients and frozen blackberries, go ahead and just skip this step) and then prepare in your ice cream maker according to the manufacture's instructions.
- Pour into a container and chill for at least an hour, until firm.
- * this recipe contains a raw egg. While generally I'm not concerned about eating raw unpasteurized eggs in a small quantity, I won't recommend serving raw eggs to young children, the elderly and those who are immunocompromised. So, feel free to use pasteurized eggs to eliminate the risk of foodborne illness.