If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband is NOT a bell pepper fan - except when I make Tasty Stuffed Peppers. Then he loves them, but not more than about three times a year. When I made them the other day, they were exceptionally good. I changed things up - as I am prone to do - but this time I actually wrote down what I did. I started out to make four and one of the bell peppers was not looking too good on the inside when I cut it open, so it got trashed. Now we have three. Still, plenty for the two of us. I ate the third one the next day for lunch. These babies are packed!
I only used one-half pound of the Ground Beef Mixture for the Stuffed Bell Peppers. The other half made my now famous - or infamous - Loose Meat Sliders! Check those out, too! —vivisue
Ground Beef Mixture
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Red Chile powder
- 1 tablespoon minced Garlic
- Put fresh ground meat into frying pan along with all other ingredients and cook meat until browned. Drain fat if necessary.
Tasty Stuffed Peppers
- 4 Green Bell Peppers, the ones with 4 "points" on the bottom. They will sit upright.
- 1/2 Ground Beef Mixture
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Royal Blend Rice
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
- 7-8 pieces Sundried Tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
- 1 large Spring Onion, or 3-4 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 tablespoons sliced Black Olives
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Cut the tops off the peppers, just below the stem indentation. Take seeds out of the bottom and discard. I always save the top part around the stem and cut it off for salads and other dishes later. More leftovers.
- Rinse peppers thoroughly and place in a small microwavable baking dish, open side up. Microwave on high for about 4 minutes, or until slightly steamed. This takes the place of having to parboil them in a big pot of water.
- While the peppers are in the microwave, mix all the remaining ingredients, except for 1/4 cup of the cheese, in a large mixing bowl. Incorporate well.
- Remove peppers from microwave and stuff with your ground beef filling. Top with remaining cheese and bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.