If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother used to make this snacking cake all the time as we had rhubarb growing in our backyard every summer... so delicious :) I can also be dressed up with some fresh whipped cream and a mint leaf to serve at a party! —josieandsam
Makes 1 cake
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Blend butter and sugar in food processor. Add egg and vanilla.
- In another bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture alternatively with buttermilk.
- Add chopped rhubarb and pulse a couple times until blended and rhubrab is still in chunks.
- Put into a greased standard springform pan.
- Mix together the topping ingredients and sprinkle over top of cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approx 45 mins.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Rhubarb