If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 cups Flour (I like King Arthur's)
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound Fresh mozzarella
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 10 black olives
- 1 red onion
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 5 cloves garlic
- 5 anchovies (optional)
- 3 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar reduction
- Add yeast to warm water and allow to dissolve.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture.
- Mix together and add the honey and olive oil. Mix again.
- Cover and allow to rise - 1-2 hours.
- Beat down the dough and fold into itself for 10 minutes.
- Allow yeast to rise again - 30 minutes.
- Fold dough again for a few minutes and roll out dough. I prefer a thin crust for this pizza.
- Place rolled dough onto your pizza stone and lightly spoon on some crushed tomato. Spreading around to about a 1/4 inch off the edge.
- Add the sliced mozzarella, covering the base. Then add the tomato, garlic, olives and red onion on top. Lightly brush olive oil on the exposed crust.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 400 degrees or until crust is brown and crisp.
- Remove pizza and top with fresh basil and balsamic vinegar reduction. Anchovies are optional.