- Serves 4
Flour (I like King Arthur's)
1 1/2 teaspoons
can crushed tomatoes
Balsamic vinegar reduction
In This Recipe
- Add yeast to warm water and allow to dissolve.
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture.
- Mix together and add the honey and olive oil. Mix again.
- Cover and allow to rise - 1-2 hours.
- Beat down the dough and fold into itself for 10 minutes.
- Allow yeast to rise again - 30 minutes.
- Fold dough again for a few minutes and roll out dough. I prefer a thin crust for this pizza.
- Place rolled dough onto your pizza stone and lightly spoon on some crushed tomato. Spreading around to about a 1/4 inch off the edge.
- Add the sliced mozzarella, covering the base. Then add the tomato, garlic, olives and red onion on top. Lightly brush olive oil on the exposed crust.
- Cook for 15 minutes at 400 degrees or until crust is brown and crisp.
- Remove pizza and top with fresh basil and balsamic vinegar reduction. Anchovies are optional.