If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: See Salt Cure for Fish Recipe. The scallops must be cured the day purchased and are best eaten that day. They'll still be good the next day (not as good though). I wouldn't eat them any later than that.
Serves: 1 to 2 whole scallops per person
Large sushi grade scallops (about 5 to a pound), as many as you want
Citrus Sauce (about 1/4 teaspoon per scallop slice)
Avocado (as much or as little as you want)
Black Salt Flakes (use very sparingly - the scallops already get a good bit of salt from the cure)
- Follow recipe for Salt Cure for Fish on its own page. Cure for 45 minutes
- Cut avocado into small cubes.
- Slice each scallop horizontally into 3 to 4 equal pieces (depending desired thickness).
- Arrange scallop slices on a place.
- Add avocado cubes (desired amount) separately to plate.
- Top scallops and avocado with Citrus Sauce, then black salt flakes.