Serves: as desired
mixed citrus (lemon, lime, orange, blood orange, tangerine...whatever you can get your hands on)
In This Recipe
- Remove ends of citrus and slice (1/8 inch thick) parallel to ends.
- Add 1/8 inch layer of kosher salt to tupperware/rubbermaid container.
- Layer alternating citrus slices on top of salt layer.
- Continue process of layering citrus, then salt, then citrus, etc.
- Put lid on container and put in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- Remove citrus from refrigerator and rinse and thoroughly towel dry all citrus slices.
- Add dried citrus slices to dried container in layers.
- Fill container with olive oil until it covers all citrus.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use. It should last several weeks.