If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I LOVE falafel but I hate frying. Even though I live in Israel where Falafel is the most common and basic food I never made it at home. But recently my sister turned vegan and I was searching for something vegan to make that everybody else won't mind eating. So, I came across the idea of baking falafel instead of frying it.
To be honest, the fried version is better but this one is much healthier and a decent Vegan dish.
- 300 grams dried garbanzo beans (soaked overnight in tap water)
- 1 big onion coarsly chopped
- 1 bunch parsly
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 tablespoons water
- cooking spray
- Combine all the ingrediants in a food processor and process to a thick grainy paste.
- Leave to rest for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 (f) Grease a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray and divide the paste between the molds. spray the top of the paste with cooking spray. You can bake it in one big baking pan as well and slice it.
- Bake for 30 minute until it turn gold. eat warm.