If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This ridiculously easy cacio e pepe comes together with a few basic ingredients from your fridge and a big appetite! Recipe adapted from Mark Bittman. —Stephanie Robinson
- 2 cups fresh grated parmesan
- 2/3 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons black peper
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine cheese, cold water, and pepper, mixing until it forms a paste.
- Cook spaghetti per box instructions, and move pasta quickly to the bowl once done, reserving pasta water.
- Toss pasta in cheese mixture until coated, add olive oil, and, if sauce seems too dry, slowly add pasta water until creamy (but not watery).
- Add pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan