If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Start your day with Healthy Carrot Apple Flax Muffins! Made with lighter and nutritious ingredients these portable snacks are bursting with flavor. A gluten free, low calorie breakfast or snack for spring! —Megan Olson
- 1 cup carrots, peeled (~2 medium carrots)
- 2 small apples, peeled and cored
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin unrefined olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with muffin liners or spray with non stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, add the carrots and apples. Pulse a few times until shredded. Set aside.
- In a standing mixer or using a hand mixer, add egg whites, olive oil, applesauce and cinnamon. Mix until eggs become frothy.
- Add sugar, baking powder and flaxseed and mix to combine. Then slowly add flour to the mixture while mixing on low.
- Fold in the apples and shredded carrots into the batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin cavities 1/2 full. Bake at 375 F 25 to 30 minutes until a toothpick can be removed clean. Remove from the oven and cool muffins on a rack another 10 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container up to one week.