If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recipe from TheBetterFish.com. Created by Chef Vin Blenis —Coley @ Coley Cooks
- 3 ounces spinach, sautéd
- 1 bunch leeks
- 1 Balsamic reduction, reduced to thick syrup, served chilled in squeeze bottle
- 2 4oz. barramundi fillets
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- 5 pounds butternut squash, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 small garlic clove
- 2 quarts chicken-broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 10 red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- For the fish: Season fish with salt and pepper. Add oil on the flat top. Sear for 3 minutes. Turn fish over and finished to desire temperature.
- For the butternut squash puree: Simmer butternut squash, garlic, broth, and salt in a heavy saucepan, covered, until squash are very tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove most of the chicken stock before puree. Add butter, nutmeg, honey, cayenne pepper and brown sugar. Purée mixture in a food processor until (thick consistency) smooth. Transfer in 1/3 pan and keep warm for service.
- For the coulis: Rinse peppers. Then season and coat peppers with salt and oil. Place peppers on open flame at the sauté station. Cook until the peppers are almost burnt. Transfer to an ice bath. Then peel, discard any black skin. Place the clean pepper in a blender. Add cilantro, salt, balsamic, honey and puree until smooth. Transfer to a squeeze bottle.Served chilled.
- For the leeks: Make sure the leeks are washed, julienne, and submerged in water. Fry leeks until crisp or golden brown, about 1 to 2 minutes. Place on paper towel in a pan and season with salt.
- To plate, ladle butternut squash puree in center of the plate (dinner). Zig zag charred pepper sauce and balsamic reduction into the squash puree. Stack sauté spinach on top of the puree. Criss cross barramundi (skin side up) and place on top of spinach. Add more charred pepper coulis on top of fish Top fish with frizzled leeks.