If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made this for a late lunch with friends.
Chicken can be stuffed the day ahead. I served with sautéed mixed julienne vegetables and black rice.
Used mushroom gravy and served in a bowl alongside the chicken.
And leftovers, if there is any, are perfect for a sandwich the next day.
- 1 3-4 pound chicken, deboned
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 4-5 fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- salt and black peper for chicken
- Mix ground pork, panko, baking powder, egg, garlic, parsley, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper and chili flakes, cover and place in the fridge.
- Debone chicken the best way you know (I recommend you tube video by Jacques Pépin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku5p1CcGn70&list=PLgFquykLooWHQmnYVw02eKaeWJsSdZ2mX)
- Follow instruction to the point before staffing, I did butterfly legs and breast to extend roll.
- To make rolling easer, place chicken on the baking sheet covered with saran wrap or parchment paper and put in the freezer for hour or so but not longer then two (depend on your freezer) for chicken to dray and firm up. It will be much easier to handle.
- Take out and staff chicken with pork mixture that you shaped in to one tick sausage, place crossway (opposite way from you tube), roll, tide and season with ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp black pepper, 2 tbsp oil, 4-5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Roast at 400 F for 70-80 minutes, every 15 to 20 minutes baste chicken with oil.
- Take out, cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Discard the string and slice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Spring Chicken