If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This potato salad has been a long standing tradition in my family, originating from my mother. My two sisters and I have been making it for years. And it seems each of us has adapted it to our specific palettes as well should you. There is a balance of the bite from the curry with the sweet of the sugar which should allow ample room for you to experiment. We love this as a side dish to any barbecue dish. —jlffool
- 6 red or yukon gold potatoes - medium large
- 6 eggs - hard boiled
- 1/2 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 2 tablespoons minced Italian parsley leaves
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- S&P to taste
- Boil potatoes until almost tender. Potatoes will continue to cook during cool down.
- Coarsely slice potatoes and eggs in mixing bowl. Add onions.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix mayo, vinegar, sugar and curry powder thoroughly (no lumps). Add parsely. Pour dressing over potato/egg mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad