Author Notes: This potato salad has been a long standing tradition in my family, originating from my mother. My two sisters and I have been making it for years. And it seems each of us has adapted it to our specific palettes as well should you. There is a balance of the bite from the curry with the sweet of the sugar which should allow ample room for you to experiment. We love this as a side dish to any barbecue dish. —jlffool
red or yukon gold potatoes - medium large
eggs - hard boiled
cup chopped vidalia onion
tablespoons minced Italian parsley leaves
cup white vinegar
tablespoon curry powder
S&P to taste
- Boil potatoes until almost tender. Potatoes will continue to cook during cool down.
- Coarsely slice potatoes and eggs in mixing bowl. Add onions.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix mayo, vinegar, sugar and curry powder thoroughly (no lumps). Add parsely. Pour dressing over potato/egg mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Potato Salad