If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The carbonara my mom made when I was a small child in need of lipids. Rich as it gets. —mb
- 0.25 pounds bacon, finely chopped
- 0.75 cups whole milk
- 0.25 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 0.25 cups parmesan
- 1 pound pasta
- salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- Heat the serving dish. Start the pasta.
- In a small pot, fry the bacon. When done, add the milk, cream, butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Heavy on the pepper is best. Stir and simmer.
- Place the drained pasta in the heated serving dish. Add the bacon/dairy mixture to the pasta and toss together.
- Beat the eggs, add to the pasta, and toss. The pasta must still be quite hot at this step.
- Add parmesan cheese, toss, and serve. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.