Author Notes: This recipe is so simple, but it's an easy dish when you have lots of company and don't want to spend all your time in the kitchen. It doesn't look like much going into the oven, but tastes great coming out! —smemily
pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
packets 28 oz. cans tomato puree
packets cans cream of mushroom soup (concentrated)
tablespoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cut the chicken thighs in half. (Optionally, use chicken breasts and cut into approximate fifths.)
- In a large bowl, mix all four cans. Add pepper to taste. (Also consider experimenting with cumin.)
- Spread just enough of the mixture to cover the bottoms of two large baking dishes.
- Place the pieces of chicken evenly, in one layer, in the pans.
- Pour the rest of the mixture to cover the chicken in both dishes.
- Optionally, consider adding some cut-up vegetables (onions, peppers, zucchini, asparagus, etc.).
- Bake uncovered until chicken is cooked through (approximately one hour). Stir once about halfway through.