If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is such a simple recipe but it has a small detail that makes all the difference: is made with real chocolate with 70% cocoa, no powder chocolate or cocoa. The end result is the simplest chocolate cake in the world, but with a rich, intense and luxurious flavor; proof that, like the Portuguese poet Ricardo Reis said, we must put all that we are in the least we do. —Paula
Makes 1 cake
- 40 grams dark chocolate (70% cocoa)
- 40 grams butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Melt chocolate and butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. If necessary, microwave again at smaller intervals of 10 seconds each time.
- Add the sugar and stir to combine. Then add the egg and stir well, until completely smooth. Add the flour and stir just until combined and lump-free.
- Pour the batter into a mug that can go into the microwave. Microwave (900 W) for 1 minute, for a moist cake, or 1 minute and a half if you prefer it more dry inside.
- Let stand for 2 minutes before eating.