If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love potato salad -- mayonaisey, vinagery, sweet, crunchy, big chunk, small chunk, any chunk potato salad. I love curry -- mustardy, salty, cuminy, creamy curry. Let's have a picnic wedding! —thrifty shopalot
Curry Potato Salad
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and 1/2-inch diced
- 1 dash white vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (recipe follows)
- 2 red onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, drained in a cheesecloth-lined hand strainer
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup French feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley, chopped fine
- Add potatoes to large pot of salted water and boil until very tender, 10 - 15 minutes.
- Drain water from potatoes, leaving potatoes in cooking pot. Sprinkle with vinegar and salt and pepper and let sit until slightly cooled.
- Add olive oil to small fry pan over medium-low heat.
- Add curry powder to olive oil and cook 5 -10 minutes to release flavors.
- Add onion to curry oil and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add remaining vinegar to pan and stir, deglazing if necessary.
- In a large bowl, stir together yogurt, mayonnaise, feta and curry mix until curry dressing.
- Add warm potatoes and cilantro or parsley to curry dressing and gently combine.
- Refrigerate for 1 - 24 hours; serve cold or at room temperature.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Grind all ingredients together until fine. Store in a jar for up to one year.