If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a simple and delicious recipe that is perfect for entertaining and can be done with tofu for a vegetarian version or shrimp for an alternative to chicken —Chef amanda
- 2 whole, boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, halved
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 red pepper, halved, seeded, julienne
- 1 small jicama, peeled, julienne
- 1/2 pound pound snow peas, trimmed, blanched
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1/2 cup soy sauce or Tamari
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons bean sprouts
- 3 scallions, julienne, garnish
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted, garnish
- Poach the chicken in a large skillet covered with the broth until cooked through about 5 to 8 minutes. Remove to a plate and allow to cool.
- Combine the red pepper, jicama and snow peas in a large bowl. Cut the chicken into thin strips and add to the bowl.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic, ginger, soy, vinegar, sugar and oil. Whisk and taste for seasoning. Add the cilantro.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken salad and toss gently. Spoon the salad onto a large serving platter and top with the bean sprouts, scallions and toasted sesame seeds or wonton strips. Serve at room temperature.