In trying to come up with a unique birthday present for my little brother, I incorporated his favorite fruit and cake, in an atypical presentation. He loved it!
In trying to come up with a unique birthday present for my little brother, I incorporated his favorite fruit and cake, in an atypical presentation. He loved it!—Mariya
Makes: 16 oz strawberries
ounces cream cheese-room temperature, low fat
cup ricotta cheese
cup and 1 T sugar
teaspoons vanilla extract
ounces dark chocolate-shaved
- Using a pairing knife, cut the stems off the strawberries and carefully take out the middle/insides, by using a scooping motion with the knife, along the perimeter of the strawberry. Make sure not to make any holes (reserve the insides for another use, ex: smoothie, yogurt topping, or sangria/wine garnish).
- Cut off a tiny piece off the bottom tips of the strawberries (this will allow them to stand up in your plate; reserve and use the bottoms for the above suggestions); be sure not to make a hole in the bottom...so don't cut too much off!
- Whisk together cream cheese, ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Place the cheese mixture into a pastry bag, with a star tip at the end of it; alternatively, working in batches, place cheese mixture into a zip-lock bag and cut a tiny hole in one of the corners.
- Fill strawberries with cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle chocolate shavings on top of strawberries...Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries