If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So quick and easy, these Japanese-inspired chicken meatballs make for a quick weeknight dinner when served over rice! —JC
Makes about 12 meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 scallions (minced)
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1/4 cup carrots (finely grated)
- 1 1/4 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth (or water)
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Combine ground chicken with miso, scallions, ginger, mirin, carrots, sesame oil, salt, and pepper. Mix throughly until the mixture is sticky.
- In a bowl, combine soy glaze ingredients and set aside.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat in a non-stick pan. Form the chicken into meatballs and drop into pan. Cook for about 3 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Flip the meatballs and turn heat down to medium-low. Cover with lid and continue cooking until cooked through.
- Turning back to medium heat, add the glaze and cook until the glaze is thickened. Coat the meatballs in the glaze.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over rice! Garnish with additional minced scallions/carrots (optional).