If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I feel in love with Yam Nua the first time I tasted it; the spicy dressing and the fresh crunch from the lemongrass gives this dish great flavors. There are many ways to make this dish and after trying different ingredients I came up with this version of Yam Nua. The addition of the Avocado mixes well with the spicy dressing and compliments the beef. —Joel H
- 20 ounces Rib eye steak
- Mixed Baby greens
- 1/2 teaspoon grey salt
- 1/8 teaspoon green peppercorn
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 14 cups lemongrass thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 large cucumbers peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot peeled, cut in half and julienned
- 12 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1/8 cup cilantro for garnish
- 3-5 medium sized Thai peppers seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice (2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons Fish Sauce
- Coat the Rib Eye with ¼ tablespoon olive oil on each side and season with green pepper and grey sea salt on both sides, let the steak set to room temperature. Start the grill when the grill is hot sear the Rib Eye on both sides until 135 degrees, remove from heat and cover for about 15 minutes to let the steak rest and cool. To make the spicy dressing use a mortar and pestle to grind the garlic slices and Thai chilies into a paste and whisk them in a bowl with lemon juice, fish sauce and sugar. Once the meat had cooled thinly slice into long strips about ¼ inch thick, place the meat into a mixing bowl and add the lemongrass, spring onions, red onions, cucumbers, carrots and tomatoes. Add the sauce and toss the ingredients to uniformly cover the ingredients. Add a single layer of Baby Greens to your serving dish and place the steak mix on top of the greens, drizzle any leftover dressing from the mixing bowl on the serving plate. Add the Avocado slices on the top and garnish with fresh cilantro.