Author Notes: This easily turns out a very attractive sparkling apple tart that is very tasty and easy to make. —jude
tablespoons unsalted butter
pounds 4 baseball size apples (rome,jonathon,jonagolds)
piece puff pastry
In This Recipe
- Put 2/3 cup sugar and 2 tbl water in 8-10 inch skillet. Sugar should be just like wet sand
- 3-4 minutes browning until color dark amber
- Turn off heat and add 3-4 tbl butter and stir for 30 seconds
- cool, add cut apples (6cut pieces per apple).
- Roll puff pastry to size of pan and cover apples.
- Bake at 400F for 30 minutes, cool for 15 minutes and flip carefully onto a plate.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Fruit Tart