If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up in Italy, my favorite "home from school" meal that my mom prepared for my sister and I was chicken cutlets. Elementary school would let out at 12.30 and our home was literally across the street so we would rush home to see what Mom had prepped. Tuesday was generally chicken cutlets day, the reason being that Tuesday was outdoor market day so while my sister and I were in school, my mom would make her rounds at the outdoor market and purchase fresh chicken tenders and fresh parmesan cheese. With the bread shop being right by our house as well (we lived in a small town!) we would have chicken cutlet sandwiches on just about every Tuesday. Oh, how I miss those days! To this day, this is my numero 1 comfort food! —Francesca
pounds chicken tenders
cups bakeshop and super fresh bread crumbs
cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
cups vegetable oil
- Flatten your tenders with the flat side of a meat mallet. Prepare a workstation with two bowls. In one bowl lightly beat the eggs, in the second bowl add the breadcrumbs with the freshly grated parmesan cheese. Blend the bread and cheese with fingertips or a fork.
- Lightly sprinkle the chicken tenders with salt
- Dredge tenders in the egg wash
- After that, add to the bread/parmesan cheese bowl until you have a nice even and rather thick coating
- Place coated cutlets on a baking sheet until you have coated all tenders.
- As you fry up all of your tenders, place the cooked ones a dish that has been lined with paper towel - depending on the size of your pan, you will need to fry in several batches
- Remove cutlets from the dish with paper towel and move to a clean dish before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Parmesan