Author Notes: Macerated Strawberries with aged balsamic vinegar pureed and frozen into a sorbet. —Nestingproject
Makes: 1 quart
tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
In This Recipe
- Combine the sugar and water together and cook in a saucepan on medium until the sugar dissolves. Cool.
- Hull and quarter the strawberries
- In a bowl combine the strawberries, vinegar and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Let macerate for 30 minutes.
- In a blender puree the macerated strawberries with the sugar syrup.
- Return the puree to the bowl and chill through.
- Add the the chilled mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to instructions.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Strawberries