If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is a refreshing change and it goes really well with all kinds of things. Use it for tacos, gyros, chips and even roasted meats and grilled fish. One thing you don't want to do though is let this sit around all day because the avocado will oxidize and turn brown. Besides one of the great things about this is its fresh taste so you really wouldn't want it to marinate and meld flavors anyway. —thirschfeld
Serves 2 cups
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, 1/4 inch dice
- 1 avocado, 1/4 inch dice
- 1/2 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- In a mixing bowl combine and gently toss the first three ingredients.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lime juice, toss, add the olive oil and cilantro, toss again, and then season and taste. Add more lime juice, salt, pepper or olive oil if necessary. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe