If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Forget the English muffin! These mini-breakfast sandwiches use sweet potato slices in place of bread and are packed with avocado, turkey bacon and scrambled eggs. —Sean Peters
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Slices of Turkey Bacon
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- 1/2 Haas Avocado
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, Diced
- Cooking Spray
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil, divided
- 1 Tomato on the vine
- 1/2 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Honey
- 1/8 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- Slice sweet potato into 1/2-inch to 1-inch thick slices.
- Slice tomato into 1/2-inch slices; toss slices in 1/2 tbsp olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper; go easy on the salt & pepper!
- Place sweet potatoes and tomatoes in baking dish. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes; turn over tomates and sweet potatoes after about 15 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat remaining oil and cook eggs, lightly scrambled. Cook bacon to desired crispness. Cut bacon so that each piece is about the length of the diameter of the sweet potato; just make sure the bacon isn't too long to fit within the sandwich.
- Mash avocado, honey, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper with fork.
- Assemble sandwich: place 1 slice of sweet potato on plate, then top with avocado, roasted tomatoes, egg scramble, green onions and turkey bacon (in that order). Close sandwich by placing a second slice of sweet potato on top of bacon. Secure sandwich with a tooth pick. Repeat until all ingredients are used.