If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple avocado on toast recipe with an Egyptian twist using Dukkah. —Carol
Makes a big batch
- 500 grams sesame seeds
- 125 grams yellow split peas
- 3 tablespoons ground cilantro
- 2 pinches flaked salt
- Toast the sesame seeds until slightly brown and put to one side
- Lightly toast ground cilantro and add to the sesame seeds and leave to cool
- Blend split peas, cilantro, sesame and salt in a food processor until fine or use a mortar and pestle
- Toast sliced bread of choice, add avocado, squeeze a bit of lemon and sprinkle with your dukkah mix!