If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chewy Coffee Cookies with a creamy Chocolate Frosting —Sylvie @ Roamingtaste
- 100 grams brown butter, room temperature
- 50 grams butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup superfine sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Chocolate Filling
- 50 grams dark chocolate, melted and room temperature
- 70 grams butter, room temperature
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Greaseproof a baking tray and set aside.
- Place the butters, sugars and salt in a bowl and beat on low until creamed and combined, approximately 1 minutes.
- Add in one egg and beat on medium until combined. Repeat with the remaining egg and add in the vanilla extract, until combined.
- Place the instant coffee, baking soda and hot water in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Add to the mixture and beat until just combined.
- Add in the flour and beat until just combined and refrigerate the mixture for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350F.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon amount and roll into a ball, flattening slightly.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove and allow to cool slightly on the tray then place on a cooling tray to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine the filling ingredients and beat until fluffy. Spoon a large tablespoon amount into the center of one cookie then flatten with a second cookie.
More Great Recipes: