Author Notes: Chunks of meaty swordfish, marinated with garlic, lime, cilantro and jalapeño, skewered and grilled to a healthy, delicious perfection!
—garlic and zest
cup cilantro, chopped
cloves garlic, minced
jalapeño pepper, minced (use half a pepper for milder flavor or the whole thing if you like spice)
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
teaspoon kosher salt
cup olive oil
pounds pounds swordfish (about 1 inch thick)
In This Recipe
- If using wooden skewers, cover with water and let soak for about an hour to prevent them from burning when you put them on the grill. If using metal skewers, skip to the next step.
- In a small bowl combine lime zest, garlic, cilantro, jalapeño, black pepper, salt and olive oil. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- With a sharp knife, trim the skin from the swordfish. If your fish has a dark bloodline, trim it away and discard. Cut swordfish into large cubes and place them in a bowl. Add the remainder of the marinade to the fish and toss to coat. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat your grill to a medium high temperature between 375-400 degrees.
- Thread the swordfish onto skewers. Grill the fish for 3-4 minutes on one side or until they begin to get grill marks, then turn the kebabs and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Watch for hot spots and flare ups.
- Remove from grill. Allow the fish to rest for 1-2 minutes then serve.