Author Notes: Simple but so good ! An apple pie from Normandy —ContesetDelices
For the pastry
grams icing sugar
grams almond powder
For applesauce and filling
apples for garnish
Brown sugar and cinnamon for garnish
In This Recipe
- Start by preparing the dough. Beat butter to make ointment then add the icing sugar and stir until it is completely absorbed. Then add the egg and mix. Finish by adding the dry ingredients and mix to a smooth paste. Add flour if the dough is too sticky. Put the dough in cling film and store in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
- Prepare the applesauce. Peel and cut the apples into small pieces. Put them in a saucepan with the sugar and heat gently for 20min. Tip: if like me you are making too big pieces and it takes time to stew, you can use a ricer after 20min to accelerate the process! Add the cinnamon and mix at the end. Let cool.
- Take the dough and spread it. Then place in a buttered pie plate. Compete bores and cut the dough so that it looks sharp. For this to be pretty, I rolled the dough around the edges with my fingers alternately.
- Remove the sauce on the dough. Peel the apples Pippin then cut them in half. Remove the core and cut thin slices of 2 mm. Spread the slices on top of the sauce by the pattern of your choice. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon according to your tastes.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes at 180 ° C and warm taste.