If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Recipe courtesy of Molto Gusto (ecco 2010) —Mario Batali
Makes 4 cups
- 4 cups (about 1 pound) dried apricots, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon mustard oil
- Combine the apricots, simple syrup, and wine in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes to soften the apricots.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the pepper flakes, mustard seeds, and mustard oil. Let cool, then cover and refrigerate overnight before serving. (The mostarda can be refrigerated for up to 1 month.)
More Great Recipes: Condiments