If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Definitely a hearty bowl of soup and definitely not for those who don't like meat. This is a killer bowl of soup. —mtlabor
- 1 & 1/2 cups dried garbanzo beans
- 1 small rack baby back ribs, cut into 2 or 3 rib pieces
- 1 pound diced ham
- 1 pound smoked ham shank
- 1 pound chorizo sausage, sliced
- 1 pound skirt steak, sliced thinly
- 8 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 8 cups water
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 leek (white and pale green parts only) chopped
- 5 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 bunch kale, center ribs removed and chopped
- Soak the garbanzo beans in enough water to cover it by about 2 inches. Soak overnight and drain.
- In a large stockpot, add ribs, ham, hamshank, chorizo, skirt steak, and pancetta. Add the water and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and add garbanzo beans and leeks. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until beans are tender, about 1 hour or so. Add the potatoes and kale and simmer for another 45 minutes.
- Serve in large bowls and dig in!