If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So, I must have been on a tequila kick a few summers back...But the flavors of the watermelon & mango beautifully complement the tequila while the shrimp nicely accents the sweetness of the salad. The portion size is small for a nice light entree or as a appetizer salad. Any of the tequila lime simple syrup you are willing to retain is great in a margarita. —The Gaussian Kitchen
Tequila Lime Shrimp
- 1.5 pounds Shrimp, Size 16/20 or larger is prefered
- 6 ounces Tequila
- 6 ounces Lime Juice
- 3/8 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 pinches Salt
- 3 pinches Cumin
- 3 pinches Black Pepper
- 3 pinches Dill - Fresh
- Cilantro to Taste
- Prep: Active: ~20min, Passive: ~1-4hrs | Cook: 7min | Preheat Grill to Medium
- Make the marinade by combining all ingredients except the shrimp.
- Shell and devein the shrimp. Add the shrimp to the marinade and let sit in fridge for 1-4 hours.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and place of 4 skewers (1 per serving). Reserve the marinade.
- Lightly oil the grates of the preheated grill. Place the skewers of shrimp on the grill, and grill until pink, about 7 minutes, flipping one time. When you flip the shrimp brush the shrimp with the reserved marinade. About 30s before you remove the shrimp from the grill, brush once again with the marinade and flip for a final sear.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill and set aside to coll for a couple of minutes.
- Plate the shrimp on top of the salad. Either on the skewer, or removed and placed around/on top of the salad.
Savory Tequila Watermelon Salad
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 cup Sugar
- Juice and Zest of 1/2 Lime
- 1.5 cups Watermelon - Cubed
- 1 Ear of Corn
- 1 Poblano Pepper - Chopped
- 1 Mango - Cubed
- 12-16 Basil Leaves - Julienned
- 2 Jalapeno - Chopped (seeded if desired)
- 1 Lime - Juiced
- 6 Green Onions - Chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt - or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Pepper - or to taste
- Prep: Active: ~30min, Passive: ~30min | Cook: ~30min
- Tequila Lime Simple Syrup: Combine tequila, water, sugar, lime juice, and zest in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and let steep for 20 minutes. Strain the syrup & allow to cool.
- While syrup is steeping, cut the watermelon and mango into 1/4 - 1/2 inch cubes.
- Combine cooled syrup with watermelon and mango and toss. Place in the fridge to sit for 30 minutes.
- Grill the corn in the husk. Once grilled, cut the corn off of the cob.
- Remove the watermelon & mango mixture from the fridge and combine the remaining ingredients with the mixture.
- Toss and plate the salad.